Sunday, June 29, 2014

Day 1

Zdravo! (Hello in Bosnian)
A reason to smile! - FouseyTube

Ahh FouseyTube, my favorite YouTuber. If you haven't heard of him you should totally check out his channel which I will link down the bottom. There you will find heaps of pranks, experiments and just heartwarming messages.

Today I had work. Having something to pass the time is all fine and dandy until you realize you've talked so much that not only is your mouth dry but your entire throat as well. I guess having friends at work to talk to can bite you in the bud. My punishment is a dry mouth. I had to make a note to myself half way through the day
I obeyed hehe
I was just so aware today of how much my day revolves around food. Seriously I come to work half an hour early just to eat and have coffee. Today instead of wallowing in my mocha, I came early and just sat outside. My break is half an hour but today I only took like 5 mins.

I'm reading this book titled "Divergent" after watching the movie some time back. I absolutely loved the movie, so much so that I saw it in the movies then the same day I went back and saw it again at home. I don't know if its the fasting that makes me notice food or if I'm just really observant but I saw this passage and thought I should share it with you.
Read from "You've never..." till "...unnecessary."
Roth, Veronica. 2011. Divergent. London. HarperCollins.
The 'faction' this girl comes from blames selfishness as the cause of evil and war. As stated, extravagant food such as burgers and pizzas and bachas "is considered self-indulgent and unnecessary." So what if we stop self-indulging in things that we want rather just what we need. A simple soup for breaking the fast would not only save our mammas time away from the kitchen but also allows us to realize the simple things in life.

Today, for the first time in a long time, I didn't loose myself in my meal throughout the day, instead I noticed life around me. Sitting still in a crowded room, not moving or saying anything is a skill that not many people practice.

I highly recommend reading 'Divergent' which is not only wonderfully written but also philosophy laden.

What did you/will you do on your first day of Ramadan?


Credit to the video up the top

Subscribe by clicking here http://bit.ly/1jJ9uw1 
fouseyTUBE Merchandise now ON SALE: http://fouseytube.spreadshirt.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/fouseyTUBE
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/fouseyVILLE
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/fouseyTUBE2
for bookings/business: bookfousey@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment